Catanzaro Supplements ProteoZyme Formula is our latest formula containing potent anti-inflammatory agents in a delayed release capsule to ensure that sensitive enzymes will be protected from stomach acid and be released in the small intestine only. These capsules have no chemical coating commonly found on enteric coated enzyme tablets.
Proteolytic enzymes reduce inflammation by neutralizing bradykinins and pro-inflammatory eicosanoids to levels where the synthesis, repair and regeneration of injured tissues can begin. Proteolytic enzymes do not completely inhibit all phases of the inflammatory cascade to a point where the body is unable to trigger the normal healing process.
Proteolytic enzymes work by digesting dead tissue that accumulate as a result of injury. Unlike icing, normal fluid retention is able to take place thereby reducing swelling and pain while enhancing the ability to heal. In addition, proteolytic enzymes serve as a healthy alternative to conventional medicines such as ibuprofen, aspirin, and other non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), which have many negative side effects. In fact, proteolytic enzymes are the most common pills sold in Europe, more than any drug or medication.
Bromelain, from pineapple, and papain, from papaya, are vegetarian sources of proteolytic enzymes. Animal-based proteolytic enzymes come from the pancreases of pigs and cows. These glands are defatted and dried, yielding a raw pancreatin mixture that includes trypsin, chymotrypsin and other peptidases. Pancreatin, which contains these proteases also provides lipase and amylase and is rated against a standard established by the U.S. Pharmacopeia (USP). A typical pancreatin product is an 8X, which is eight times stronger than the USP standard.
Each 1 “X” pancreatin product, per milligram provides the following:
- not less than 25 USP units for protease activity (this protease activity comes from chymotrypsin and trypsin)
- not less than 25 USP units of amylase activity
- not less than 2 USP units of lipase activity
Possible uses for proteolytic enzymes include:
- Various inflammations and swellings (i.e., soft tissue injuries, acute traumatic injuries, sprains, contusions, hematomas, infections, edema of the eyelids, muscle cramps, and sports injuries)
- Arthritis and other autoimmune diseases like lupus, scleroderma, and multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Ulcerations and abscesses, to liquefy mucus secretions, treat parasites in the digestive tract
- Shingles and acne
- Cardiovascular conditions such as thrombophelebitis, hypertension, blood clots, angina, high C Reactive protein, and to decrease arterial plaque buildup
Note: Chymotrypsin should not be used together with NAC or with anticoagulant drugs. Absorption of antibiotics may be increased when administered concomitantly with serrazimes. Patients with stomach ulcers should consult their doctor first before using this product.
Possible benefits of proteolytic enzymes include:
- Reduced inflammation for:
• Increased heart health
• Cancer and disease prevention and recovery
• Alzheimer's prevention, Fibromyalgia, Chronic fatigue, and more
- Cleansing the blood of debris
- Breaking down and removing Circulating Immune Complexes (CICs)
- Dissolving arterial plaque
- Dissolving scar tissue and adhesions
- Dissolving fibrin in the blood, reducing the risk of clots
- Eliminating the risk of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Boosting the immune system
- Killing bacteria and viruses
- Improving circulation
- Eliminating autoimmune diseases
- Speeding up recovery from sprains, strains, fractures, bruises, contusions, and surgery
- Speeding up recovery time from workouts
- Helping with MS, arthritis, sinusitis, asthma
Pancreatin 8X USP
Pancreatin 8X USP is derived from porcine pancreatic tissue that resembles human pancreatin and has eight times more enzyme activity than the USP standard. This product provides protease, lipase and amylase to assist digestion.
Bromelain 2400 GDU
Bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme derived from pineapple, which when taken between meals is absorbed intact and exerts anti-inflammatory and pain relieving actions.
Papain 50,000 PU
Papain, a substance derived from the unripe tropical fruit papaya, is a proteolytic enzyme. As a plant protease, it is similar in action to chymotrypsin.
Protease 30,000 USP
This protease is derived from Aspergillus Oryzae, a non-animal form. It offers additional anti-inflammatory effect in this formula.
Trypsin 150 USP
Trypsin is a serine protease found in the digestive system of many vertebrates, where it hydrolyzes peptide bonds on the carboxyl side of the amino acids arginine and lysine. It is the principle protease found in pancreatin and requires a pH level of 8.0 to become active.
Chymotrypsin 75 USP
Chymotrypsin is a serine endopeptidase produced by the acinar cells of the pancreas and becomes activated after proteolysis of chymotrypsinogen by trypsin. Chymotrypsin makes its cut at positions along the protein chain that contain very large amino acids such as phenylalanine, tyrosine and tryptophan.
Serrazimes is a proteolytic blend composed of enzymes derived from the edible fungi, aspergillus oryzae and aspergillus melleus. Scientific studies indicate that serrazimes may help maintain and support cardiovascular and lymphatic health through its ability to help break down excess fibrin. Serrazimes may also help support the immune system and promote a healthy response to external stresses. Serrazimes is safe and effective when used as directed, providing enzymatic activity equivalent to serrapeptidate (aka serrapeptase).
|Per 1 delayed release capsule:|
|Pancreatin 8X USP providing:||150mg||Bromelain 2400 GDU||150mg|
|Protease||30000USP||Papain 50000 PU||50mg|
|Amylase||30000USP||Trypsin 150 USP||30000USP|
|Lipase||2400USP||Chymotrypsin 75 USP||3000USP|
|Free of yeast, wheat, corn, soy, egg, milk, gluten, rice, sugar, starch, salt, preservatives, artificial colors, flavors, hormones or antibiotics.|
|Suggested Use: Take 1 capsule in between meals 1-3 times daily or as directed.|