The Catanzaro Group specializes in providing a complete personal training package tailored to meet your needs. This package is designed to ensure a balanced approach to achieving your health and fitness goals.
Our package typically begins with a fitness assessment. This is an important first step that’ll be used to develop your specific training program. Your training sessions can then be held either in our private studio or in the comfort of your own home. Early in the program, we’ll also take time to provide nutritional guidance.
Unlike some other organizations, we are not here to waste your time or your money. Listen to what our clients have to say – you’ll notice that we have many personal trainers, not only as students but also as clients. If these trainers come to us for advice, then you know you’re in good hands.
Bottom line, we strive for excellence and we get results. Do yourself a favour and try one package with us. You’ll experience the difference … guaranteed!
If you’re ready to take the next step, contact us below for further information on our services and rates.
Our philosophy can best be summed up by a single word: balance. To improve your quality of life and well-being, you must strive for balance. A balanced approach is necessary with exercise, nutrition, and during rest and recuperation.
During the initial fitness assessment, we’ll analyze your strengths and weaknesses in order to focus on and improve the weak link. Keep in mind that “you’re only as strong as your weakest link.” We believe in functional movements that’ll enhance both work and sport performance as well as activities of daily living while always encouraging the development of ideal posture.
A balanced nutritional approach occurs through appropriate patterning and frequency of meals. It’s important that each meal consists of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats in a proper ratio for your specific needs.
Finally, ample rest and recuperation are vital to achieve success. Sleep is, of course, a must, as is the appropriate frequency of training in order to provide sufficient recovery between workouts.
The Catanzaro Group provides personal training in our well-equipped private studio or in the convenience of your home. Get the most out of every workout and stop wasting time. If money is an excuse, make up a new one because personal training works! Here are just some of the benefits:
- Personal training is a great way to achieve your health and fitness goals.
- Personal training is effective for all fitness levels from beginner to advanced.
- Personal training can help you overcome a training plateau and experience a new level of success.
- Personal training will provide a professional assessment and offer corrective exercises to enhance work and sport performance.
- Personal training is useful for athletes requiring a strength coach to help them reach their full potential.
- Personal training provides discipline and motivation when exercising.
- Personal training helps teach safe and efficient exercise methods.
- Personal training provides 24/7 support through email, phone, and/or virtual consultations.
Personal training is not an expense… it’s an investment in your health and fitness. Procrastination is the #1 reason that holds people back. Stop procrastinating and start moving toward a better you!
The Catanzaro Group utilizes aspects of the Canadian Physical Activity, Fitness and Lifestyle Appraisal (CPAFLA) as well as the former Canadian Standardized Test of Fitness (CSTF) which includes:
- pre-test screening with the new Get Active Questionnaire (formerly known as the PAR-Q)
- physical activity analysis and FANTASTIC Lifestyle checklist
- resting heart rate and blood pressure measurements
- anthropometric and body composition measurements (weight, height, and as many as 15 girth and 13 skinfold measurements for more accurate tracking of body composition changes)
- posture evaluation and testing for muscular imbalances
- aerobic and musculoskeletal (strength, flexibility and muscular endurance) fitness tests
Our background in clinical exercise physiology and kinesiology allows us to perform a wide array of appraisal protocols dependent upon your needs and goals.
Our nutrition counselling services are an important element of your overall health and fitness plan. To maximize the benefits of this service, we go beyond discussing generic nutrition principles. With the use of dietary logs to analyze your current eating patterns, we can provide you with specific recommendations based on your individual needs.
We’ll discuss various aspects of diet and nutrition, such as:
- ideal meal frequency
- proper ratio of macronutrients
- gender, goal, and differences in body type (i.e., somatotype differences)
- why protein is crucial towards building muscle and losing fat
- how certain fats are essential for optimum health and body fat reduction
- the importance of the glycemic index and insulin index
- the role of supplementation in your plan and much more
The most difficult part of implementing a nutrition plan is often putting it into daily practice. To assist you, we provide several resources and key “tried-and-true” tips to help simplify the process and ensure long-term success.
For the treatment of work- or sport-related injuries, The Catanzaro Group provides injury rehabilitation services. Our team consists of an established network of professionals who will get you back to 100% as quickly as possible.
Your rehabilitation will employ effective exercises with the most efficient protocols. You’ll learn of the superiority of closed- vs open-chain movements and why elastic resistance and machines commonly used in many rehab settings are not always effective and may be counterproductive. In both the prevention and treatment of injuries, you’ll see how balance and stabilization training fits into the plan and how crucial it is to correct muscle imbalances.
And key nutrition and supplementation strategies will be introduced to help expedite the healing process.
Programming is one area that we are super passionate about. Our success lies in the success of our training programs. It’s that simple. Regardless of your age, gender or fitness level, you must have a proper plan in place. If you train in a haphazard manner, you’ll get haphazard results… or likely injured!
We provide individualized training programs to help our clients achieve various goals:
- improve health and wellbeing
- lose weight and inches
- gain muscle and strength
- perform better in sport and physique competitions
- improve bone density
- rehabilitate injuries
You name it, we’ll help you achieve it! And we use specialized software technology to design training programs and to track progress. Sure, as much as you may wish to hire us for personal training on a weekly basis, we know that it’s not feasible for everyone, but this is one way that you can take advantage of our expertise and get great results!
Whether you live in the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) or you’re coming in from out of town, you can experience a one-on-one coaching session with John Paul Catanzaro. Located in Richmond Hill, Ontario, our state-of-the-art private studio features all the amenities of a large commercial gym without any of the commotion. All business, no nonsense! Space is limited though.
If you’re not able to train at our facility, remote coaching is available.
Initial Diet Plan and Training Program. Price: $400
Diet and Supplementation Plan. Price: $200
Training Program. Price: $200
Often, the answer to a question goes far beyond the scope of a simple email response. If you want to truly resolve an issue or comprehend a nutrition or training concept, having a conversation is the best way to do it. Phone or virtual consultations are convenient and effective ways to utilize our expert guidance.
Duration – Choose an option
15 Minutes: $50
30 Minutes: $85
60 Minutes: $150
Consultations can be conducted by telephone or through a virtual communication platform like Skype or Zoom. We will contact you by email to arrange a time for the consultation.
LECTURES AND WORKSHOPS
We offer the following series of exercise and nutrition seminars to health and fitness professionals:
- Advanced Body Composition Strategies Lecture
- Beyond the Fundamentals Strength Training Workshop
- Cutting Edge Techniques Strength Training Workshop
- The Business of Personal Training Lecture
- Strength Training Parameters and Program Design Lecture
- Stretch for Strength Workshop
- Warm-Up to Strength Training Workshop
- Injury Prevention Strategies for Aging Clients Lecture
- Healthy Living Lecture
By taking advantage of our experience and expert knowledge, attendees will broaden their knowledge base and stay up to date with the latest fitness skills and research.
Over the years, John Paul has attracted the attention of various fitness-related organizations seeking lectures and workshops. The list includes canfitpro, Certified Professional Trainers Network, Granite Club, Masters Swimming Canada, Ontario Kinesiology Association, Ontario Society for Health and Fitness, Toronto Cricket Skating and Curling Club, and more. Those who experience his presentations have dubbed him “the man with an encyclopedic mind.”