Vitamin C Flush
A system used extensively by healthcare providers around the world to improve gastrointestinal (GI) health involves the 4R Program:
- Remove - Pathogenic bacteria, yeast, or parasites must be removed. [Vitamin C Flush]
- Reinoculate - Replenish the GI tract with friendly bacteria. [Probiotics]
- Replace - Support the digestive tract short-term with hydrochloric acid as well as pancreatic, digestive and liver enzymes. [HCL, Enzymes]
- Repair - Nutritional support to repair the GI lining. [L-Glutamine, Aloe, Licorice Root, Vitamins and Fish Oil]
The vitamin C flush/lavage is the first step toward healing the gut. This simple, non-invasive method that I learned years ago from Dr. Michael Wald is a novel approach to treating many common GI disorders, particularly H. pylori which infects two-thirds of the population worldwide! In fact, overgrowth of many (gram-negative) bacteria can be dramatically and quickly lowered with this functional procedure. Here's how it goes:
- Remain at home and do not eat during this procedure, which may take up to 5 hours.
- Consume 1/2 - 1 level tsp. of buffered Vitamin C (not ascorbic acid) added to 2-3 oz. of water every 30-60 minutes.
- Continue until you experience diarrhea.
- From that point on, continue daily with 3/4 of the C-lavage dose (i.e., the amount of Vitamin C that it took for you to experience a flushing effect). Do this in 2 or 3 equally divided doses. In other words, if it took 4 grams to "flush" you out, then take 3 grams a day (1 gram with breakfast, 1 gram with lunch, and 1 gram with dinner).
That's all there is to it! A very simple, safe, and effective method that you can repeat every month if you like. Dr. Wald believes that this is better than a colon cleanse because the Vitamin C improves the muscular function of the GI tract and is quite healing. A colon cleanse, on the other hand, creates an artificial clean environment that is susceptible to scratches and infection, and can even wipe out some of the mucosal layer.
Please note that our Vitamin C Flush is a balanced blend of mineral ascorbates consisting of 90% Vitamin C, 5% Calcium, 3% Magnesium, and 1% Zinc. This is a buffered form of Vitamin C which is gentle on the stomach and does not cause digestive problems. Do not use ascorbic acid to induce a flush. After you complete the procedure, use Vitamin C Maintenance on a daily basis.
|Per 1/2 teaspoon:|
|Vitamin C (Mineral Ascorbate)||3000mg|
|Suggested Use: Take 1/2 teaspoon in 2-3 ounces of water a day or as directed.|